16792 East 450 Road
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Beginning Mid-March 2020
Spring & Summer Field Trips or Road Trips to the Farm
Sheep & Shepherd Tours begin when the lambs are born each spring here at Shepherd’s Cross – an authentic working sheep farm, just north of Claremore OK on Scenic Route 66. Come to the farm and watch as the sheep peacefully graze the pastures, and rest by the still waters. The new born lambs jump for joy and frolic in the pastures.
Sheep & Shepherd Tours:
Sheep & Shepherd Tour Options:
1. Guided Walking Sheep & Shepherd Tour – walk near and through some paddocks; learn about the sheep & shepherd Donation based – suggested $5
2. Wagon Ride Sheep & Shepherd Tour – Take a wagon ride out in the pasture and see the flock up close. Experience the shepherd’s perspective of the flock. $7 per person. Available for pre-scheduled groups
Sheep & Shepherd Tours also include the following:
Visiting the sheep, lambs and other farm animals at the barn petting area
Teaching Nomadic and Biblical shepherding practices
A Wool Mill Guided Tour –Where we comb, spin, and weave wool into a finished product
Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum & Educational Silo
Spring Time also brings blooms in time for Bible Garden Tours. Shepherd’s Cross is home to one of only a handful of Bible Gardens in the U.S.A. Over 100 plants in this garden have Biblical references.
Bible Garden Tour Options:
1. Self-guided Bible Garden Tour – with our without an audio – Donation based – suggested $5
2. Guided Bible Garden Tour – a tour guide will accompany visitors, highlighting seasonal plants Donation based – suggested $5
3. Planting Bible Garden Tour – Participants enjoy a tour with a tour guide, highlighting seasonal plants, and then experience a take home planting project at the Greenhouse Chapel – $7 per person
Bible Garden Visitors may also tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum & Educational Silo
We are open for drop by visitors Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 – 5:30. Please preschedule Field Trips for groups of twenty or more (one free leader for every 10 paid participants). Tours can proceed even in the case of inclement weather. Picnic area available; bring your lunch with you; limited seating available. Snack and beverage concessions are available on site.
Be sure to visit our Shepherd’s Shop where we features a host of “woolly” and farm related items; supplies and much more! Yarn, yarn, & more yarn, all natural, many types, produced and processed on the farm. Shepherd’s Cross also offers roving, batts, felting supplies, knitting needles, spinning and weaving supplies and much more.
Additionally the shop features a mission section; purchases made in this section of the store return 100% of the sale price to the indigenous people that crafted them (countries include Afghanistan, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Uganda and more).
Our farm is a Family Farm, an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, and is Animal Welfare Approved (pasture born & raised lamb, mutton and Dexter beef).
We offer Fiber Arts, Animal Husbandry & American Sheep Industry Certified Shearing classes throughout the year.
Heart of the Shepherd, is the non-profit 501-C3, which operates at the farm, and provides Biblically based agricultural education locally and internationally.
Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
Dr. Diane Dickinson, President & Executive Director
Online Stores: www.etsy.com…
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com…