This how to use this directory.Learn MoreYour plan is based on research-backed marketing strategy with actions geared toward making sales.
Did you know that Shepherd’s Cross is the Gaywool Dye Headquarters for all of Canada & the
- Our shelves are well stocked and we are prepared to meet all of your dying needs, no matter how small or how large
- Gaywool Dye may be used on all fibers and fabrics, but originated on a sheep farm in Australia, similar to ours.
• Sheep & Shepherd Tours begin when the lambs are born each spring (beginning in mid-March) at Shepherd’s Cross – an authentic working sheep farm, just north of Claremore OK on Scenic Route 66.
• Come to the farm and watch as the sheep peacefully graze the pastures, and rest by the still waters.
• Watch the new born lambs jump for joy & frolic in the pastures.
• Shepherd’s Garden is bursting with blooms in the spring – as seen with guided, self-guided or audio tours.
• Preschedule Field Trips for groups & schools. Groups of twenty or more please pre-register.
o Sheep & Shepherding
Guided Walking Tour – walk near and through some paddocks; learn about the sheep & shepherd
• Donation based – suggested $5.
Wagon Ride Tour – Take a wagon ride out in the pasture and see the flock up close. Experience the shepherd’s perspective of the flock.
• $7 per person – one free leader for every 10 paid participants.
Both Walking & Riding Tours include:
• Wool Mill Guided Tour – wool is processed on site – combed, spun, and woven into a finished product.
• Visit the sheep and other farm animals at the barn petting area.
• Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum & Educational Silo – guided or self-guided tours. Watch up close the mama ewes & baby lambs from the silo during lambing season – a “bird’s eye” view.
• References to nomadic shepherds and Biblical shepherding.
• Sheep & Shepherding Movie
o Shepherd’s Garden Tours – a Bible Garden (includes the Farm Museum & Educational Silo)
Guided, self-guided tours or audio tours available on a donation basis – suggested $5
Guided Tour with a take-home project; $7 per person – one free leader for every 10 paid participants.
• Picnic area is available; bring your lunch with you; limited seating.
• Snack and beverage concessions are available on site.
• Tours can proceed even in the case of inclement weather. Demonstrations will take place in the Amish built gambrel roof tour barn, which houses some of the animals as well as the wool processing, farm museum, and the gift shop.
• Shepherd’s Shop features a host of “woolly” and farm related (handmade at Shepherd’s Cross & consigned) items; supplies and much more! Additionally the shop features a mission section; purchases made in this section of the store return 100% of the sale price to the indigenous people that crafted them (countries include Afghanistan, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Uganda and more).
• Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, and is Animal Welfare Approved (pasture born & raised).
• Shepherd’s Cross features farm fresh, Animal Welfare Approved, pasture raised, free range, chemical free American sheep meat (lamb & mutton) and Dexter beef.
• Yarn, yarn, & more yarn – natural, many types, produced and processed on the farm. Shepherd’s Cross also offers roving, batts, felting supplies, knitting needles, spinning and weaving supplies and much more. Animal welfare Approved wool.
• Fiber Arts, Animal Husbandry & American Sheep Industry Certified Shearing classes are available at the farm throughout the year.
• Heart of the Shepherd, a 501-C3, provides the educational tours. Teaching basic agricultural principles and agricultural references to the Bible are a part of each tour.
• website: www.ShepherdsCross.com
• Online Stores: www.ShepherdsCross.Biz & https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShepherdsCross
• Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsCross/
Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
Dr. Diane Dickinson, President & Executive Director [email protected] 918-342-5911
Roka Bar & Asian Flavors offers $5 burgers every Monday.
Location: 1616 S. Utica Ave, Tulsa, OK, 74104
Our menu features made from scratch Asian dishes carefully crafted from Oklahoma bounty that come out freshly plated every single time. Our success depends on your satisfaction, and we aim to deliver the cleanest, freshest, most approachable Asian cuisine in the Tulsa area. From our service to our our ambiance to our attention to detail, a meal at Roka is unlike any other in the city.